By using our services, you understand that we will collect and use your personal information in the ways described in this Policy, under the Data Protection rules (LGPD, Federal Law 13.709 / 2018), the consumer provisions of Federal Law 8078/1990 and the other rules applicable Brazilian legal system.
1. What data do we collect about you and for what purpose?
Our website, at the user's own initiative, collects and uses some of your personal data, in order to enable the provision of services and improve the user experience.
1.1. Personal data provided by the holder
Full name and email for creating the account on the website required to use the following services:
- Use of the digital annotation tool, allowing to annotate the works in HTML format;
- Participate in discussion forums (comments) associated with the works and authors
- Export data to external linguistics analysis tools
- Receive recommendation services and search reordering based on the user's profile
1.2. Personal data collected automatically
When the user authenticates on the website, the system collects the history of access to the literary works, to obtain the user's preferences, in terms of authors and literary genres
2. How do we collect your data?
The capture of your personal data is performed at the time of creating the user's registration. It is important to inform that the creation of an account on the website is not mandatory.
It is based on your consent that we process your personal data. Consent is the free, informed and unambiguous manifestation by which you authorize NUPILL to process your data.
Thus, in accordance with the General Data Protection Law, your data will only be collected, processed and stored with prior and express consent.
Your consent will be obtained in a specific way for each purpose described above, evidencing NUPILL's commitment to transparency and good faith towards its users / customers, following the relevant legislative regulations.
At any time and at no cost, you can revoke your consent.
It is important to highlight that the revocation of the consent for the treatment of the data can imply the impossibility of the adequate performance of some functionality of the website that depends on the operation. Such consequences will be informed in advance.
3. What are your rights?
NUPILL guarantees its users / customers their rights as holder provided for in article 18 of the General Data Protection Law. That way, you can, free of charge and at any time:
- Confirm the existence of data processing, in a simplified way or in a clear and complete format.
- Access your data, being able to request them in a legible copy in printed form or electronically, safe and suitable.
- Correct your data, when requesting the editing, correction or updating of these.
- Limit your data when unnecessary, excessive or treated in non-compliance with the legislation through anonymization, blocking or elimination.
- Request the portability of your data, through a registration data report that NUPILL treats about you.
- Eliminate your processed data with your consent, except in cases provided for by law.
- Revoke your consent, disallowing the processing of your data.
- Inform yourself about the possibility of not giving your consent and about the consequences of the refusal.
4. How can you exercise your rights as a holder?
To exercise your rights as a holder, you must contact NUPILL through the following available means:
- Sending email to NUPILL: email@example.com
- Telephone contact with NUPILL: +55 (48) 3721-6590
In order to guarantee your correct identification as the holder of the personal data object of the request, it is possible that we request documents or other evidence that can prove your identity. In this case, you will be informed in advance.
5. How and for how long will your data be stored?
In general, your data will be maintained as long as the contractual relationship between you and NUPILL lasts. After the period for storing personal data, they will be deleted from our databases or anonymized, except for the cases legally provided for in article 16 general data protection law, namely:
- compliance with legal or regulatory obligation by the controller;
- study by a research body, guaranteeing, whenever possible, the anonymization of personal data;
- transfer to a third party, provided that the data processing requirements set forth in this Law are respected; or
- exclusive use of the controller, being forbidden to access it by a third party, and provided the data is anonymized.
That is, personal information about you that is essential for the fulfillment of legal, judicial and administrative determinations and / or for the exercise of the right of defense in judicial and administrative proceedings will be maintained, in spite of the exclusion of the other data.
The storage of data collected by NUPILL reflects our commitment to the security and privacy of your data. We employ measures and technical protection solutions able to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and inviolability of your data. In addition, we also have security measures appropriate to the risks and with access control to the stored information.
6. What do we do to keep your data safe?
To keep your personal information safe, we use physical, electronic and managerial tools aimed at protecting your privacy.
We apply these tools taking into account the nature of the personal data collected, the context and purpose of the treatment and the risks that any violations would generate for the rights and freedoms of the data subject collected and treated.
Among the measures we have adopted, we highlight the following:
- Only authorized persons have access to your personal data
- Access to your personal data is done only after the commitment of confidentiality
- Your personal data is stored in a safe and suitable environment.
NUPILL is committed to adopting the best postures to avoid security incidents. However, it is necessary to point out that no virtual page is entirely safe and risk-free. It is possible that, in spite of all our security protocols, fault problems exclusively of third parties occur, such as cyber attacks by hackers, or also due to the negligence or recklessness of the user / customer himself.
In the event of security incidents that may generate significant risk or damage to you or any of our users / customers, we will communicate to those affected and the National Data Protection Authority about what happened, in line with the provisions of the General Data Protection Law.
7. Who can your data be shared with?
In order to preserve your privacy, NUPILL will not share your personal data with any third party.
They receive their data only to the extent necessary for the provision of the contracted services and our contracts are guided by the data protection rules of the Brazilian legal system.
However, our partners have their own Privacy Policies, which may differ from this. We recommend reading these documents, which you can access here:
In addition, there are also other hypotheses in which your data may be shared, which are:
- Legal determination, request, requisition or court order, with competent judicial, administrative or governmental authorities.
- Case of corporate transactions, such as merger, acquisition and incorporation, automatically.
- Protection of NUPILL's rights in any type of conflict, including those of a judicial nature.
7.1. International data transfer
Some of the third parties with whom we share your data may be located or have facilities located in foreign countries. Under these conditions, in any case, your personal data will be subject to the General Data Protection Law and other Brazilian data protection laws.
In this sense, NUPILL is committed to always adopting efficient cybersecurity and data protection standards, in the best efforts to guarantee and comply with legislative requirements.
8. Cookies or browsing data
This website uses the following Cookies:
- _gat, _ga, and _gid : For collecting the site usage history using the external Google Analytics tool
- locale : To maintain your language preferences
- PHPSESSID : A random identifier referring to the user's connection to the site
- G_ENABLED_IDPS : Used for when you authenticate with your Google account
- LGPDComplianceAgreed : Used to store acceptance of this term
To manage your browser's cookies, simply do so directly in your browser settings, in the Cookies management area.
You can have more information about the Cookies we use and how they work in our Cookies Policy, available at this link (link to the Cookies Policy).
Any changes will take effect as of their publication on our website and we will always notify you of the changes that have occurred.
By using our services and providing your personal data after such modifications, you consent to them.
NUPILL provides for the liability of agents who work in data processing processes, in accordance with articles 42 to 45 of the General Data Protection Law.
In addition, we are also committed to seeking technical and organizational conditions that are sure to protect the entire data processing process.
If the National Data Protection Authority requires measures to be taken in relation to the processing of data carried out by NUPILL, we undertake to follow them.
10.1 Disclaimer of Liability
As mentioned in Section 6, although we adopt high security standards in order to avoid incidents, there is no virtual page entirely risk free. In this sense, NUPILL is not responsible for:
- Any consequences arising from users' negligence, recklessness or malpractice in relation to their individual data. We guarantee and are responsible only for the security of the data processing processes and the fulfillment of the purposes described in this instrument. We emphasize that the responsibility for the confidentiality of access data rests with the user.
- Malicious actions by third parties, such as hacker attacks, unless proven guilty or deliberate conduct by NUPILL. We emphasize that in the event of security incidents that may generate significant risk or damage to you or any of our users / customers, we will communicate to the affected parties and the National Data Protection Authority about what happened and we will take the necessary measures.
- Inaccuracy of the information entered by the user / customer in the records necessary for the use of NUPILL services; any consequences arising from false information or entered in bad faith are entirely the responsibility of the user / customer.
11. Data Protection Officer
NUPILL provides the following means for you to contact us to exercise your rights as a holder: firstname.lastname@example.org.